The new training occupation of kitchen specialist is aimed at all those who want to learn professional cooking from the ground up in a practical way, but want to deal less with theory and numbers. Kitchen specialists are familiar with kitchen basics: they learn how to process and prepare all kinds of food. They know how to prepare simple dishes and meals of meat, fish and vegetables. They can arrange and garnish salads and desserts and make simple soups and sauces. To do this, they learn different working and cutting techniques and cooking methods, as well as how to handle recipes and kitchen equipment. They can also receive and store goods and are familiar with hygiene.
Training as a kitchen specialist takes two years. After successful completion, the company providing the training and the trainee can agree to continue the training and obtain the qualification as a cook.
Start of training
We expect our trainees to be interested in the profession and willing to take advice and tips from colleagues.
He/she should be willing and interested in learning this profession.
- Work permit: EU citizens preferred (no admission necessary)
- Duration/TypeFull-time / 5-day week, IHK training contract
- Work experience: none
- German - B1 Level
- English - B1 Level
- Employment relationship: apprenticeship contract
- Training allowance
1st year of apprenticeship: 1000 €
2nd year of apprenticeship: 1100 €
3rd year of apprenticeship: 1200 €
24 days holiday
We offer the following amenities
Accommodation: yes (280 euros, including all additional costs and fast internet)
Accommodation: Single room in trainee flat-share, in Scheßlitz
Equipment and equipment
- Washing machine / dryer with costs
- Catering possible at the hotel. Costs according to legal requirements.
- Internet / WLAN free of charge
- Use of wellness facilities free of charge
- Use of outdoor pool free of charge
- Use of fitness room free of charge